Oi Operational Budgeting
The Beginning of Budgeting You’ll Love
Wins with Oi Operational Budgeting
- Improved strategic budgeting results
- Superior transparency
- Increased accountability
- Unmatched accuracy
- Full integration with financial, labor, and statistic data
- Perfect-fit results thanks to customized budgeting preferences
- A streamlined, spreadsheet-free budget process for both management and finance users
- Increased management team efficiency thanks to reduced cycle time
- Time freed up to analyze data instead of finding and formatting
- Instant report access for all users (from budget analysts to the CFO)
- Improved communication and collaboration features
- Real-time insights
- Low-impact implementation
- Minimal maintenance
- No software installation: Our browser-based technology means you don’t have to worry about installing software on any of your client workstations.
Why Operational Budgeting with Oi
Oi Operational Budgeting doesn’t just save you time. It gets you game-changing results.
You need more than just a streamlined system — you need a simplified, synergistic relationship between management and finance.
Get to Know Oi Operational Budgeting
Operational Budgeting with Oi is the gateway to a dynamic budget process that bridges the gap between management and finance decisions and supports all your organization’s budgetary needs.
This module is founded on advanced, intuitive functionality that prioritizes flexibility and efficiency, and empowers your users to make the decisions that keep costs low and ROI high for your organization.
Building on the same interface as our Financial Performance and Labor Productivity modules, Operational Budgeting is always in production. There are no shadow systems, allowing data to flow freely between modules, maintaining transparency with all budgetary changes.
Features That Make a Difference
Budgeting Process Optimization
- Multiple iterations
- Global updates
- Target setting
- Detailed audit trail for every change
- Unit of Service (UoS) budgeting
- Line item detailing
- Initiative tagging
- Forecasting using case-level data
- Advanced approval functionality that automatically notifies senior management when a department is ready for review and approval
- Improved accuracy and saved time through Global Updates — a flexible tool to model changes at the exact level you need, eliminating the need to make changes at a granular level
- Real-time reporting
- Cost driver reasonableness and audit reports
- Current and proposed cost drivers
- Indirect allocation detail reports
- Detail and summary unit cost reports
- Developed in a 100% Microsoft environment
- Uses the latest Microsoft and browser technologies, including Microsoft SQL Server
- Oi delivers full support for the browsers your organization uses: Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.
- Oi Pulse: We proactively monitor your system, 24/7/365, to make sure all your data feeds are functional, disk space is sufficient, and memory is plentiful.
Integrates with all other Oi modules
- Serves as the single source of truth
- Eliminates shadow systems
Oi Operational Budgeting: In Depth
Oi’s Operational Budgeting module comprises processes and features that help guarantee a positive experience for your budget managers and a successful budgeting year.
Instead of labor-intensive, spreadsheet-based processes, budgets are built using our Budget Wizard — the result is an easier, customized, manageable, and more accurate budget experience.
This module’s advanced approval functionality prioritizes communication. Oi Operational Budgeting automatically notifies senior management when a department budget is ready for review and approval. Other features including multiple iterations, global updates, target setting, and an audit trail for every change ensure a seamless, time-saving process. Reporting is entirely in real time keeping management and finance consistently up to date and eliminating the need to burn staff time building custom reports.
Your teams can put an end to wasting needless amounts of time developing annual operating budgets. Oi Operational Budgeting prioritizes efficiency and the user experience, empowering your people to invest their time in more value-added activities.
Operational Budgeting is flexible, reduces cycle time, creates transparency, and supports accountability while fully integrating with financial, labor, and statistic data. This module also allows for highly detailed line-by-line analysis: Information is carried forward to future Financial Performance module years, improving variance analysis, data integrity, and overall synergy between clinical managers and finance teams. Implementation is simple and real-time reporting is just a few clicks away.
This module provides advanced features including iteration control and approval hierarchies with email notifications. You’ll have the flexibility to forecast using case-level data or choose from a variety of methods to create an initial forecast from historical financial, labor, and statistical data.
Oi on the Ground
Columbia Memorial Hospital Steps Into a New Era of Financial Management With Organizational Intelligence Decision Support
Optimizing with Oi
All Oi modules work together to optimize your healthcare finance decisions, but these achieve the best synergy with Operational Budgeting. Click to learn more.
Robust reporting on general ledger data, journal entries and sub-system detail, with an integrated variance response workflow.